considering i386 as a tier 1 architecture

Greg Miller greglmiller at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 16:04:46 UTC 2013

On 4/1/13, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:
> You're assuming that maintaining i386 as a tier 1 platform really *does*
> add significantly to our workload.

Indeed. We don't seem to be running into a ton of issues on this
front, and I do still find my 32-bit only Atom-based netbook useful
when traveling.

> You should also check your calendar :)

This is one of the finest pieces of April Fools' Day trolling I've
seen in quite some time. I'd rank it right up there with that press
release from some years ago about Microsoft's acquisition of the Roman
Catholic Church.