[CFT/RFC]: refactor bsd.prog.mk to understand multiple programs instead of a singular program

Simon J. Gerraty sjg at juniper.net
Thu Oct 25 22:38:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:21:59 +0100, Chris Rees writes:
>We really aren't going to have any luck yet...
>
>[crees at pegasus]/usr/ports% sudo make MAKE=/usr/bin/bmake index |& head

If anyone is eager to play with this, I just have put a copy of
ports2bmake.tar.gz in ~sjg/ on freefall.

This contains a script that *should* convert ports to
bmake syntax, while adding a hack to allow older systems to still work.
It will generate a list of all the files it frobs so you can easily
revert them - eg. before updating the tree.

There's a README file in the tarball which hopefully explains all.

Any issues - pls let me know.
--sjg