FreeBSD on MacBook

Alfred Zhong alfchung02 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 03:58:46 UTC 2012

Hi Dear Hackers,

I tried to install FreeBSD on my MacBook. Bascially I followed this post
online.
http://www.glenbarber.us/2011/11/12/Dual-Booting-OS-X-and-FreeBSD-9.html

And the tragedy happened. I do remember, as the post said, typed
gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptboot -i 3 ada0

By the way, I did installed rEFIT on Mac OS

After rebooting, I see neither my Mac boot option nor the FreeBSD boot
option. Even after holding Option key...

The only stuff can boot is if I insert a CD (say, the FreeBSD live CD)...

My installation was successful, but the boot loader was messed up!

How can I fix this?

Thanks!
Alfred