iso2flash img

Da Rock freebsd-hackers at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Wed Mar 21 13:17:10 UTC 2012

On 03/21/12 22:55, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
> Da Rock wrote:
>> I googled a bit and found an old post here from Luigi
>> (http://osdir.com/ml/freebsd-hackers/2008-11/msg00245.html) which had a
>> script to do this, but I'm having trouble with it- is anyone familiar
>> with this? I'm on a bit of a deadline...
> Can't help you with that script (I failed to make it work too), but you
> might want to try to dd the iso image directly onto USB instead; there
> where talks that Ubuntu would support this starting at 11.10.
Interesting. I'll have to look further into how that would work. Also,
why wouldn't they just tell Mac users to do that?

In the meantime I think I may have stumbled on the solution to the
script: In the midst of all the output it mentions "usage realpath [-q]
path". I wasn't 100% sure exactly what that meant, but I put the full
path to the iso and a full path to an img file and I *think* that
worked. I've yet to test the result; and I have no idea of the '-q'
option....