Capture states of all processes at the same time

Artem Belevich art at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 14 19:08:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Maninya M <maninya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then typed this to force a panic:
>
> sysctl debug.kdb.panic=1
>
> The computer just hung after this, and after waiting for a while I pressed
> the reboot button.
> It said "no core dumps found" while rebooting.

First, make sure you have swap space configured. If minidump is not
enabled (check sysctl debug.minidump) you will need to make sure you
have more swap space than physical memory.
Then make sure that dump device is set up correctly. See dumpdev in rc.conf(5)

If that didn't work, you may be running into the issue in PR kern/155421:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern%2F155421&cat=

Alas, I don't know what to do about that.

--Artem