libgeom documentation?

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:21:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Dave Hayes <dave at jetcafe.org> wrote:
> Libgeom has these functions geom_gettree() and geom_getxml but there is no
> documentation in the man page. Was this intentional? Is there a place these
> functions are documented other than their source code? :)

    I can't really say 100%, but I found some documentation about it
here: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/geom-class/article.html
. It was probably discussed in a previous BSDCan as well.
    You can access this via sysctl -b kern.geom.confxml, but the
problem that I see based on the above article is that the printout
content and format is GEOM-class topology dependent.
Cheers,
-Garrett

PS freebsd-geom might be a better list..