Replacing rc(8) (Was: FreeBSD Boot Times)

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Thu Jun 21 10:56:15 UTC 2012

>  ifconfig_em0="inet ..."   ( default (or unknown) runlevel )
>  ifconfig_em0_foolevel="inet ..." ( foolevel runlevel )
>  ifconfig_em0_maintenance="inet ..." ( maintanence runlevel )
>
> too ?
well - possible BUT... but well.

this will not require only changing "launcher" script for rc.d/* things
but scripts itself. and extra flag so launcher at runlevel change will
have to rerun network initialization script.

Can you give an example where you need that? it is a bit strange, network
IP numbers are the same no matter what we do at present.

i will think about it, not doing it but allowing to easy make it then.