run_interrupt_driven_hooks: ... xpt_config" delay

rank1seeker at gmail.com rank1seeker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:00:15 UTC 2012

So, I have this problem, through all versions, from 8.* to 9.0
It happens when I build a custom kernel, which has ONLY 'device' lines, of machine's hardware.
From 3 machines with that type of cutom kernels, only 1 suffers from this (and problem is gone, as soon as I revert to GENERIC)

This delays boot procedure (which IS successfull, at the end) for at least twice:
"run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config"

FACT 1 - GENERIC has something, which doesn't cause a problem! (reverting to it, resolves an issue)

I've found this:

But my custom kernels already don't have 'device spb' as well as GENERIC, so I doubt this is the cause.
I've even done vice versa, added 'device spb' line to custom kernel, to no effect.
So I doubt, above pr is relevant to me, but FACT 1.

Which config line, GENERIC has that remedies my issue?

Domagoj Smolčić