Replacing rc(8) (Was: FreeBSD Boot Times)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 19 16:50:38 UTC 2012

On 6/18/2012 4:05 PM, Richard Yao wrote:
> Doug, we already have OpenRC implemented. You can install Gentoo FreeBSD
> in a jail, install regular FreeBSD in another jail and do your own
> performance comparisons.

Bzzzzzzzzt! Thanks for playing. :)  You're the one proposing the change,
YOU get to do the performance comparisons. If you want a rough idea of
what I personally would consider to be a robust test, don't hesitate to
ask. I'm sure others would have ideas as well.

Doug