EFI development tools

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Jun 18 00:43:55 UTC 2012

Eric McCorkle <eric at shadowsun.net> wrote:

>The -m32  flag seems to be the culprit; removing it fixes the problem.
>
>This is why I was having problems, as the offsets in EFI_SYSTEM_TABLE
>were wrong.
>
>In any case, this is a pretty serious error, and someone should try to
>reproduce it and take a look at it.

This is a known issue, and had been around for a long time. You can't reliably build 32 bit binaries (what the -m32 flag specifies) on a 64 bit system.  The header files (and possibly other things) are wrong.

Doesn't look like anyone has opened a PR for it.

--
Sent from my Android tablet. Please excuse my swyping.