TeXLive merge into FreeBSD ports tree - FreeBSD project idea

David Schultz das at FreeBSD.ORG
Sun Jun 17 20:04:17 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012, Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> Even with a knob instead of checking if print/texlive-core is installed,
> it would put a lot of mess into the ports tree. Some maintainers will
> not agree to introduce these conditions, if there is no general
> agreement that we want to transition to TeXLive that way.
>
> As far as I remember, both romain@ and hrs@ have stated that they do not
> want both teTeX and TeXLive in the tree concurrently.

In that case, it sounds like using TeXLive in FreeBSD will be a
bit tricky until someone steps in and does all the work required
for integration.  Unfortunately I'm a bit time-constrained for the
next few months, but I do use TeXLive and would be happy to test
any proposed patches.