mergemaster bug?

rank1seeker at gmail.com rank1seeker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:37:25 UTC 2012

I'm runing FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3

Sys is upgraded and all files in sync, but just for fun:
Without any args:
# mergemaster
-----------------------------------
*** Creating the temporary root environment in /var/tmp/temproot
 *** /var/tmp/temproot ready for use
 *** Creating and populating directory structure in /var/tmp/temproot

+ ln -s ../var/named/etc/namedb /var/tmp/temproot/etc/namedb
+ ln -s mail/aliases /var/tmp/temproot/etc/aliases

*** Beginning comparison

   *** Checking /etc/rc.d for stale files

   *** The following files exist in /etc/rc.d but not in
       /var/tmp/temproot/etc/rc.d/:

 sshd

       The presence of stale files in this directory can cause the
       dreaded unpredictable results, and therefore it is highly
       recommended that you delete them.

   *** Delete them now? [n]
      *** Files will not be deleted
I did a check update via 'csup' and all was fine.

Status (exit code is 0):
# diff /usr/src/etc/rc.d/sshd /etc/rc.d/sshd

This is a bug?!
Bitch wanted to nuke my sshd! If I've pressed 'yes' sshd would never start again, after a reboot!

Domagoj Smolčić