Upcoming release schedule - 8.4 ?

Damien Fleuriot ml at my.gd
Fri Jun 15 08:16:35 UTC 2012

On 6/15/12 4:25 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 9 will mature as people use it and report bugs/regressions. It would
> be really great if you could try some of your workload on -9 and
> provide feedback and file PRs.
>
> Engaging with the community (and hiring developers :) is by far the
> best way to get things to mature quickly.
>
> 2c,
>
> Adrian

I wholeheartedly agree, however the cheer number of problem reports I've
seen on the ml when 9.0 came out really chilled me away.

There are not many boxes I could try 9.0 on, because they're in
production with pfsync to conserve client sessions and I'm loath to take
risks with most of our firewalls.

I'm thinking we might jump straight from 8.x to 10 when the time comes,
I'm really looking forward to Gleb's work on CARP and PF ;)