boot menu option to disable graphics mode

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Sat Jun 9 14:37:49 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 07:28:50AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 09/06/2012 04:16 Jason Hellenthal said the following:
> > runlevel support might be a better solution so it does not differ that
> > much from what other systems do and would be easy for people to grasp.
>
> Patches are welcome, as always.

I agree... ;)

How about generic runlevel support through kenv instead ?

Set runlevel by default to 3 , where just like any other system is
multiuser, and provide support in the rc scripts to look at kenv. While
documenting "runlevel" in init(8)'s man page since that is where most
people look for these things.

This way a we could define a while bunch of things around generic
runlevels and if perhaps runlevels ever make it into FreeBSD the support
for them will already exist.

--