CD bootcode

rank1seeker at gmail.com rank1seeker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:15:17 UTC 2012

FreeBSD's CD bootcode '/boot/cdboot' is targeting stage 3 boot -> loader
For example, stage 2 boot '/boot/boot' is attempting the same.

In my case of a '/boot/loader', '/boot' is a symlink!

So if '/boot/boot' works with symlinks, why '/boot/cdboot' doesn't!
Yes, I did use Rock-Ridge extensions, upon creation of 'cd.iso'

# qemu -curses -m 512 -cdrom cd.iso -boot d
--
CD Loader 1.2

Building the boot loader arguments
Looking up /BOOT/LOADER... File not found
Looking up /boot/loader... Read Error: 0x0c
--

Also regardinq qemu ...

When running qemu on ttyv0 via curses:
# qemu -curses ...

I'm not able to exit from it.
Also, I would like to scroll back whole qemu's output (i.e; boot procedure)

Domagoj Smolčić