Pull in upstream before 9.1 code freeze?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Wed Jul 4 22:01:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:19:38 -0700
Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On 07/04/2012 11:51, Jason Hellenthal wrote:
> > What would be really nice here is a command wrapper hooked into the
> > shell so that when you type a command and it does not exist it presents
> > you with a question for suggestions to install somewhat like Fedora has
> > done.
> I would also like to see this feature, which is pretty much universal in
> linux at this point. It's very handy.

I, on the other hand, count it as one of the many features of Linux
that make me use FreeBSD.

I long ago gave up trying to turn off such cruft in Linux. I hope that
if it's added to FreeBSD, turning it off will at least be easy and
obvious.

	<mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org>		http://www.mired.org/
Independent Software developer/SCM consultant, email for more information.