dup3 syscall - atomic set O_CLOEXEC with dup2

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Sat Jan 21 00:10:16 UTC 2012

2012/1/20 Kostik Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 06:25:42PM -0500, Eitan Adler wrote:
>> I figure this isn't wanted?
> You silently ignored part of the notes that were provided,

I fixed the style violations you pointed out and removed
_SYS_SYSPROTO_H_ and friends.  Which else was there? If I missed
something I'm sorry.

> and keep
> complete silence on the primary question about non-standard

I thought I answered that already but I'll try again: I believe the
functionality is useful to developers even if it is non-standard. In
addition if it is standardized at some point in the future it is
unlikely to have different semantics than the ones implemented.

> and fractional nature of the patch.

How so? I am not including the generated parts in the patch. Should I?

--
Eitan Adler