Jumpstart on FreeBSD 9.0

egoitz at ramattack.net egoitz at ramattack.net
Mon Feb 20 17:42:48 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade my Jumpstart services for provisioning machines,
but I'm founding that in FreeBSD 9.0 things are become slightly
different than in previous releases. For example... tar -C ... -pxvf
does not work with some files (althout you can mount iso and later do an
rsync preserving file flags....), another change is that you don't see a
mfsroot for using in the service... perhaps in this release you need to
create by you're own... has anyone see this problems I'm talking about
in this new release?? If I rebuild the release isos... (from source)
could I pass something (or can do something) for getting the commented
mfsroot?.

Any experience on this area you could comment out... please?
Thanks a lot for you're time.
Regards,