nologin size

Jason Hellenthal jhell at DataIX.net
Fri Feb 17 05:12:51 UTC 2012

From the Makefile...

# It is important that nologin be statically linked for security
# reasons.  A dynamic non-setuid binary can be linked against a trojan
# libc by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately.  Both sshd(8) and
# login(1) make it possible to log in with an unsanitized environment,
# rendering a dynamic nologin binary virtually useless.
NO_SHARED=      YES