Random Hangs and Freezes

amzo at hush.com amzo at hush.com
Fri Aug 31 17:06:43 UTC 2012

Well I currently have two problems, but I think they're related.
The first one is, my system locks up when I switch TTYs then switch
back to X.
The other one is when playing games, such as Warzone2100,
ExtremeTuxRacer or
pretty much any game, I always get random few seconds hangs,
but the music and game still continues in the background.
I didn't suffer from this on Linux.

Though, this is only with games,
it doesn't happen when watching movies.
Currently I am using the /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver-173 for my
Nvidia card,
which is a Geforce FX5200 as I'm thinking this is the most likely
candidate,
but not sure where to start to debug it.

Let me know what information you may need.