port devel/doxygen failing to test on -CURRENT and -STABLE

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:35:48 UTC 2012

On 12 July 2012 18:52, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 July 2012 02:49, David Xu <davidxu at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 2012/07/08 18:21, Chris Rees wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all / David,
>>>
>>> doxygen has been failing for a while now on -CURRENT and apparently
>>> -STABLE too.  The current fix is disabling one of the tests in the
>>> build, but obviously it points to a problem with our base system....
>>>
>>> I've trussed [1] the failing code [2], and it looks as though it's
>>> hanging on a _umtx call.  I'm gratuitously ignorant of what goes on
>>> there... but the timings of recent commits to umtx.h [3] could
>>> indicate a link (hope it's not bogus...).
>>>
>>> Any pointers on what I should do next?
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/scratch/doxygen-truss
>>>
>> _umtx_op(0x8012b0280,0x16,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x1)       ERR#22 'Invalid argument'
>>
>> can you execute it in gdb and print its value ?
>>
>> print/x *(int *)0x8012b0280
>> print/x *(int *)(0x8012b0280+4)
>
> I've been having trouble debugging it since it's threaded, and so I
> ran a binary search over the last few days of revisions from 1/Apr to
> 1/May.
>
> Unfortunately I discovered to my horror today that all but the first
> test was useless, because the patch I committed to disable the test
> was of course readded to my ports tree, so none of the tests ran :/
>
> I'll hopefully have it narrowed down to the offending commit over the
> next few days.

Extremely late now, I know; these tests take ages, and I've been
dragged away on holiday.

I've narrowed it down to cvsup checkout between 00:00 6/April and
12:00 6/April, which I assume corresponds to r233932-r233945.

The only major change that I could see is melifaro's bpf changes in
r233937; not sure why this test could use bpf.

I'll keep digging, and I may owe you (David) an apology ;)

Chris