FreeBSD 1.x Binaries Work Except under Chroot

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Fri Aug 10 23:07:03 UTC 2012

> Try to ktrace the binaries to see what is going on. I suspect that
> sources for 1.1.5 are not in our cvs/svn, so it is troublesome to
> say anuthing without ktrace dump.

Not that I need it, but I looked to see how old we go.
(Sometimes its nice to have old stuff, eg to defeat patent claims)

I dont see 1.1.5:

/usr/cvs/src/Makefile,v	:
	        RELENG_2_1_0_RELEASE:1.57.4.8
	        RELENG_2_1_0:1.57.0.4
	        RELENG_2_1_0_BP:1.57
	        RELENG_2_0_5_RELEASE:1.57
	        RELENG_2_0_5:1.57.0.2
	        RELENG_2_0_5_BP:1.57
	        RELENG_2_0_5_ALPHA:1.56
	        RELEASE_2_0:1.30
	        BETA_2_0:1.30
	        ALPHA_2_0:1.29.0.2
	        bsd_44_lite:1.1.1.1
	        CSRG:1.1.1;

cvs -Q -R export -r RELEASE_2_0 src
	Works (slowly, all the reverse diffs I guess): 100Meg

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/
	2.0.5 (June, 1995) Announcement : Release Notes
	2.0 (November, 1994) Announcement : Release Notes
	1.1.5.1 (July, 1994)
	1.1.5 Release Notes
	1.1 (May, 1994) Release Notes
	1.0 (November, 1993)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/Makefile#diff
	shows diffs for src/Makefile back to
		Rev	CVS tags:
			RELEASE_2_0, BETA_2_0
		1.29    ALPHA_2_0
		1.1.1.1	bsd_44_lite

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".