Ways to promote FreeBSD?

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Sun Apr 29 09:23:01 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 09:08:18PM -0400, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM, <perryh at pluto.rain.com> wrote:
>
> > Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > There is such a very nice distribution :
> > >
> > > http://ghostbsd.org/
> >
> > Also, freesbie.org
> >

> The above link is not complete .
> The freesbie.org is working as follows :
>
> http://www.freesbie.org/
>

> Others :
>
> http://www.desktopbsd.net/
>

> There are some links in the page :
>
> http://www.livebsd.org/

FreesBIE and DesktopBSD are loooong dead....

Why don't we add a link to PC-BSD and maybe GhostBSD (though I read at
[1] that it needs to be polished more to be a user-friendly distro) to
the "LATEST RELEASES" section on freebsd.org?
That way we could promote FreeBSD on the desktop, have more people try
and run PC-BSD and keep simple "how do I set up a desktop?" questions
from freebsd-questions@

[1] http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2012/02/02/ghostbsd-2-5-review/