Status of BSD Diff replacement?

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:09:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Matthew Story <matthewstory at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyway either of you could provide me with an archive of the
> working tree for these 2 perforce repos?  or make it available in a branch
> on svn.freebsd.org?  I'd like to look into this more, but after reading
> through the P4Web docs, trying to gain anonymous read-only access through
> p4 itself, and then reading:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-August/156862.html
>
> it seems there's no real way to accommodate this sort of thing at current.

Hi Matt

About 5 years ago I wrote a ruby script for extracting a branch from
p4web. It worked then, but I've not looked at it since… some people
found it useful for getting the latest WIP version of Ben's wpi(4)
driver from perforce, so there is a copy preserved on Ben's website:

http://www.clearchain.com/downloads/FreeBSD/P4fetch.rb

Cheers

Tom