sizeof(size_t) and other "semantic" types on 32 bit systems?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 30 20:30:45 UTC 2011

Hello, Hackers.

  I was surprised, when I discover that size_t are 32-bit wide on
 32-bit (i386) system. Which "semantic" type should I use, for
 example, for storing GEOM size in bytes in system-independent way? I
 could use "uint64_t", of course, but I don't like this solution, as
 it very low-level (ok, not so low-level as "unsigned long long", to
 be honest).

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>