Installation of kernel symbols file in a separate directory [Was: Re: Experiences with FreeBSD 9.0-BETA2]

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 28 12:29:43 UTC 2011

on 28/09/2011 07:23 Arnaud Lacombe said the following:
> available here:
>
> https://github.com/lacombar/freebsd/commit/c1d5c4857361028dc40941273dd2ab9576c687fd
>
> This patch adds a KODIR_SYMBOLS variables which is to the kernel and
> modules .symbols files what the KODIR variable is to the kernel and
> modules files. By default ${KODIR_SYMBOLS} = ${KODIR}.

I think that this patch doesn't cover the case of doing make install in a module
directory (i.e. module built/installed independently from a kernel).
KMODDIR_SYMBOLS should have a default value like KMODDIR does (in bsd.own.mk).

--
Andriy Gapon