CAM framework for FLASH devices

geoffrey levand geoffrey.levand at mail.ru
Fri Sep 23 15:54:20 UTC 2011

The interface to the PS3 flash device is NOT like normal NOR/NAND flash interfaces.
The interface to the PS3 FLASH is abstracted by the hypervisor and it looks like HDD to FreeBSD but has several logical units like SCSI devices. The flash device supports write, read and flush operation. Sector size is 512 byte. But it doesn't support any ATA or SCSI commands except flush.