my git development snapshot(s)

Arnaud Lacombe lacombar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 05:26:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

[adding Fabien Thomas to the CC: list]

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Just decided to follow the global trends and trying to throw all of my
> local/private changes at you in hope that the "crowd-sourcing magic" might
> somehow happen :-)  This seems definitely easier than carefully producing the
> patch files and keeping them up-to-date.
>
> So, my newly cloned gitorious repository:
> https://gitorious.org/~avg/freebsd/avgbsd

I see that this tree is a clone of:

https://gitorious.org/freebsd/freebsd

One issue I've got with that tree, is that it is not usable for any
serious work because of the following:

% git merge-base origin/master origin/svn_stable_8
% echo $?
1

The whole FreeBSD 8.x branch is on its own. However:

% git merge-base origin/master origin/svn_stable_7
bdad8b50a25980737a8e00047f41fc1e588fc9e5

% git show bdad8b50a25980737a8e00047f41fc1e588fc9e5
commit bdad8b50a25980737a8e00047f41fc1e588fc9e5