dtrace in FreeBSD 7.2

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 19 16:37:54 UTC 2011

On 9/19/11 9:17 AM, Charlie Martin wrote:
> Dude, you say that like it was an option.

It's understood about the realities of commercial decisions, however,
if you really want to trace APPS
that means user space dtrace  and 7.2 just doesn't have the hooks to
do non-kernel dtrace.

As a side note, realize that Dtrace support in FreeBSD had a serious
problem a couple of years ago
when the lead developer suddenly dropped dead (Very literally, to out
great sadness), and it took
a while for alternative resources to fill the gap.