Fwd: my git development snapshot(s)

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 18 09:14:43 UTC 2011

Just decided to follow the global trends and trying to throw all of my
local/private changes at you in hope that the "crowd-sourcing magic" might
somehow happen :-)  This seems definitely easier than carefully producing the
patch files and keeping them up-to-date.

So, my newly cloned gitorious repository:
https://gitorious.org/~avg/freebsd/avgbsd

And the first branch of interest:
https://gitorious.org/~avg/freebsd/avgbsd/commits/devel-20110915

This is a snapshot of almost all of my local changes to the FreeBSD src tree.
Please note that the branch is not intended to be public in the git sense.  That
is, there will be no linear history - I periodically rebase my changes on top of
the svn head and also frequently reshuffle/merge/split commits.
The snapshot is not tidied up, there are quite a few commits that should be
merged into other commits, some commit messages are not accurate/pretty, etc.
The older the commits, the more mature they are supposed to be.

Based on the above, no new commits are expected to this snapshot branch.
I will produce new snapshot branches from time to time.

I am posting this information to this list initially, later I plan to share the
code with the wider audience e.g. via hackers at .

P.S. This code sharing is made easier for me by git, Gitorious and "git rebase
--onto" in particular.  Thanks to Fabien Thomas for the initial FreeBSD clone
repository at Gitorious!

--
Andriy Gapon