9-beta1 installer - partition editor

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 12 18:00:00 UTC 2011

On 12 September 2011 18:28, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org> wrote:

> This was resolved earlier -- you cannot install onto just MBR without a
> bsdlabel. This has never been supported, and worked only by accident before.
> *As it tells you* you need to create sub-partitions.

Hi,

I'll again note that it should be supported because a) there's no
technical reason not to and b) this is how every other OS works. But
I'll leave it at that, maybe the users won't mind.

But other than that, it might be that I just don't get the workflow
it's supposed to implement. Can you point out to me on these
screenshots: http://ivoras.imgur.com/freebsd_installer_2 (or on the
other set), what option on what screen (i.e. which screenshot) should
I choose to create bsdlabels?