Porting PathScale's EKOPath Compiler Suite

arrowdodger 6yearold at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:21:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Jung-uk Kim <jkim at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I have done preliminary porting work of PathScale's open-sourced
> EKOPath Compiler Suite (https://github.com/pathscale).
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/ekopath-devel.tar.bz2
>
> This includes experimental OpenMP support and PathDB.  Unfortuntely,
> PathDB builds fine but just crashes ATM.  Both options are turned off
> by default for now.  Although it seems working fine for many
> non-trivial C/C++/Fortran sources, please do not use it for any
> serious project because I have seen few internal compiler errors and
> crashes.  Be aware of ugly hacks! ;-)
>
> I just wanted to share it now because it was on the WantedPorts list
> on Wiki for a while.  If anyone with more clues want to pick it up
> from here, please feel free.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jung-uk Kim

I've tried to build your port on 8-STABLE and got this:

[ 30%] Generating
pscrt-static-x86_64/memcpy_em64t_c.o

Error: Invalid target group option
-TARG:processor=nocona

!!! DevWarn during Reading WHIRL file: TODO: implement *skip* option
!!! DevWarn during Reading WHIRL file: IPA_NODE::Skip is not yet implemented

After removing CPUTYPE=nocona from /etc/make.conf i got:

[ 45%] Generating openmp-static-x86_64/thread_c.o
/usr/home/arr/ports/ekopath-devel/work/path64-suite/compiler/compiler/src/libopenmp/thread.c:
In function 'gettid':
/usr/home/arr/ports/ekopath-devel/work/path64-suite/compiler/compiler/src/libopenmp/thread.c:74:
warning: implicit declaration of function 'thr_self'
/usr/home/arr/ports/ekopath-devel/work/path64-suite/compiler/compiler/src/libopenmp/thread.c:
In function '__pmp_thread_create':
/usr/home/arr/ports/ekopath-devel/work/path64-suite/compiler/compiler/src/libopenmp/thread.c:515:
error: 'MAP_ANONYMOUS' undeclared