excessive use of gettimeofday(2) and other syscalls

Paul Ambrose ambrosehua at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 13:43:49 UTC 2011

what version of chromium are you using?
I use chromium-13.0.782.215 on amd64 8.2-stable, the gettimeofday call is
far less than 20000 per second, about 20 per second, but I notice old
version has this bug, but latest version has fixed it. Maybe you should
update your chromium and try again.

Firefox 5 and 6 has more gettimeofday call than 20000 per second on my
amd64-8.2-stable box.