TIME_WAIT Assassination in FreeBSD???

Jarrod Lee Petz jlpetz at internode.on.net
Sun Sep 4 00:57:06 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

Doug, I can appreciate your stance. I realize my problem description does
not state any impact to FreeBSD and so I am unlikely to get a response on
that. However I would like to know the theory behind how TCP/IP and FTP
should handle this. One question, which list would have been more
appropriate (freebsd-net)? Also just so you know I did get some other

Erik, I think your right about testing how BSD would react. I'll run up a
BSD VM on Monday(Australia time). If it works maybe I can deduce from the
tcpdump why and what is does different. If it doesn't well, I'll have
another test case and a little more insight.

Regards Jarrod