Clustering server in freebsd

Damien Fleuriot ml at my.gd
Tue Oct 11 07:51:32 UTC 2011

On 10/10/11 9:31 PM, elman wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I have plan to cluster server with freebsd 8.2 for mailserver. But I'm confusing with the software for clustering. Do you have a reference for me, or do you have blog and I can see your blog for reference to create clustering with freebsd.
>
> Thanks hacker
> Best regards.
> Mr. L
> Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

Your question is very vague.

- what goal do you want to achieve ?
- do you want a redundant mail system in case one of your servers goes
down ?
- do you want a load balanced system to distribute the load (incurring a
degraded service if a server goes down) ?
- what do you mean by "mailserver", is that for outbound and inbound
email (SMTP), for users to grab their email (POP,IMAP), or both ?

Basically you're giving us a *means* (clustered servers) to an *end*
that we do not know/understand.

You've thus had 2 responses so far which might or might not have been
helpful because nobody knows what you're trying to do ;)

If you want meaningful answers, you'll have to be much more specific.