alq_open_flags() panics in _mtx_lock_flags()

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 3 06:43:36 UTC 2011

Hello, Lawrence.
You wrote 3 октября 2011 г., 4:43:09:

> I don't see anything obviously wrong with your call to alq_open_flags(),
> other than that I think you want to set your buffer size to be a
> multiple of "sizeof(struct g_log_entry)". The small queue size wouldn't
> cause the panic you're seeing though.

> It's hard to draw any real conclusions without seeing your code. Are you
> able to share it?
 As I wrote to current@, fs@ and geom@, it seems, that vnode API could
not be called from geom threads (g_events), at least with topology
lock held. So, it is not ALQ-specific problem, but some mis-interaction
between GEOM and VFS levels.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>