Porting FreeBSD to Raspberry Pi

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 4 15:32:26 UTC 2011

Hello, Arnaud.
You wrote 4 ноября 2011 г., 18:53:22:

> FWIW, referring to the technology two years ago in computer science is
> just like referring to the Prehistory to make a point about mankind
> today :/
  Yep, completely relevant in most cases ;-) Same people, same wars,
same love, same envy, same jealosy, nothing changed a lot. Really,
people doesn't change a lot for last 100'000 years. Evolution is
unstoppable, but very slow process ;-)

 But it completely irrelevant to NUMA support.

 As far as I understand, ULE scheduler knows about multi-level
topology (maybe, with some glitches, according to mailing lists, but
not fatal bugs), and there is no understanding what should do good
NUMA-aware memory allocator, really, because threads tend to migrate
from core to core and from socket to socket anyway.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>