MD ROOT and image size limitation (makes kernel panic)

rank1seeker at gmail.com rank1seeker at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:57:07 UTC 2011

Ok now, all works great IF md root, isn't statically compiled, into the kernel.

When I statically compile it, into the kernel, I get ROOT MOUNT error.
When I list available devices via '?', md0 does exist!

I point mountroot to it, but nada, I get MOUNT ROOT ERROR.
I've tried to statically compile, BOTH gzip-ed image (~87 Mb) and non compressed image (~197 Mb), of md root.

With both, md0 exist at mountroot, but when manually pointed to md0, I get MOUNT ROOT ERROR

Is this a bug?
As it doesn't expect so huge kernel of i.e; ~220 Mb

Just to say, that md0, DOESN'T have a partition or bsdlabel, just UFS

Domagoj Smolčić