NFS mount inside jail fails

Fri May 20 06:29:28 UTC 2011

Quoting Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko at ambrisko.com> (from Thu, 19 May 2011
14:38:40 -0700 (PDT)):

> Alexander Leidinger writes:
> | On Thu, 19 May 2011 10:24:59 -0700 (PDT) Doug Ambrisko
> | <ambrisko at ambrisko.com> wrote:
> |
> | > doesn't have access to it anymore either.  Running an X server in a
> | > vimage has some issues.  Most are pretty easy to over-come.
> |
> | Are you using my patch
> | (http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/0_jail.diff) + a
> | custom devfs.rules to get the 2D part (the last time I tried the DRI
> | part of my patch, it paniced the machine) of the X server working in a
> | jail, or did you come up with something yourself? If it is the later, I
> | would be interested how you did it.
>
> Nope, didn't know about it when I played with it.  I should try it.
> I added
> 	case PRIV_IO:
> 		return (0);
>
> to kern_jail.c to get X to work.  This was with the Intel graphics.
> The main problem I have now is on resume the X server dies and restarts.
> I use xdm.  Without jail with vimage then it works okay.

I use it without vimage in a jail. This is with a radeon card
(corresponding kernel module loaded at boot to get 2D acceleration, as
the X server obviously can not load modules in a jail).

> My laptop can use either Intel or ATI graphics.  I just switched it to
> ATI to see what happens.  I should try some more tests.  It seems
> my BIOS likes to reset this setting and enable both :-(
>
> I don't seem to have panics.  This is with a month or so old -current.

You do not allow access to the dri device, so I do not expect a panic.
If you give access to the dri device (which can be enabled separately
in my patch), I would not be surprised to see a panic (the last time I
tried it is a year or two ago, I didn't take the time to investigate
why it panics).

Bye,
Alexander.

--