[RELEASE] New Boot-Loader Menu

Dieter BSD dieterbsd at engineer.com
Mon May 9 00:16:28 UTC 2011

> There's really only room for one or two more menu items.

Perhaps some items could be moved to a 2nd level menu?

1) boot multiuser mode ( default )
2) boot single user mode
3) menu to set boot options
4) help

>>> Could you explain? I don't follow.
>>
>> On my Tyan Tomcat k8e 2865, just entering the number rarely if
>> ever works. I have to either repeatedly bang away at the key or
>> hold it down, letting the RS-232 terminal do the autorepeat thing,
>> while hoping that it notices before the timer runs out.
>
> Is that with the current code that's in CVS? I'd love for you to
> try my code on that hardware. One of the things that I worked on
> in the very beginning was the responsiveness.

That's with 6.x, 7,x and 8.x, currently running 8.2.  I haven't
looked to see if anything has changed in CVS since 8.2.  I'll
try your code, but I can't promise when.  I'm swamped at the
moment and windows when the machine is free keep getting smaller
and less frequent.