ZFS panic during file move on nearly full pool

Stefan Esser se at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 5 09:05:42 UTC 2011

I just lost my 2TB ZFS pool while moving some large files (ISO images)
under a current stable. The system paniced with a message very similar
to the one reported in

Seems, that the on-disk structure is damaged, since the identical panic
happens even when I try to import into a fresh -CURRENT with its newer
ZFS code.

Is there any chance to recover my data? I have copies of some critical
information, but no easily restorable complete backups and thus I´m very
interested in getting (most of) this pool working again ...

Any ideas or help?

Thanks in advance!

STefan