[UPDATE] New Boot-Loader Menu -- version 1.3

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Tue May 3 09:23:37 UTC 2011

2011/5/3 Devin Teske <dteske at vicor.com>:
> Hey all,
> Proud to bring you version 1.3 which completes the followup suggestions made
> by Olivier Smedts (use autoboot_delay instead of loader_menu_timeout and
> change dc_seconds to loader_delay) and a couple other minor
> enhancements/fixes.
> I think that brings everything up to speed with the phenomenal feedback
> provided so far. Really, thank you all very much.

That was fast !

> Get your update
> at http://druidbsd.sf.net/ or http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/download/loader_menu-1.3.tgz

Installed here, on another computer.

Added to /boot/loader.conf :
loader_delay="0"
loader_color="YES"

Removed :
loader_logo="beastie"

Kept :
autoboot_delay="3"

I'm happy with it. The "stop delay on all keys" feature is great, I
have an habit of using arrow keys to stop or reset delays in boot
loaders because those keys usually don't have a special meaning like
letters or space bar can have (except selecting another entry, in grub
for example).

But still, on this computer I've got "2. ACPI Support: Disabled",
while the old loader offers me to boot with ACPI disabled. ACPI seems
enabled after boot in both cases. I've got this behavior on 2
computers with different hardware, they both use 9-CURRENT (latest and
few days old) amd64, compiled with clang. I'll try to investigate a
little more.

Cheers

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."