Include file search path

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Mar 30 18:01:17 UTC 2011

On Mar 30, 2011, at 9:23 AM, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> This is a rather nasty hack, though.  If we can make it work, we should
> probably try using --sysroot instead, or alternatively, -nostdinc and
> adding include dirs by hand.  The same for executable and library search
> paths, although I am not sure if there is a way to completely reset
> those with the current options.

I'm pretty sure that the origins of this hack pre-dates the -sysroot feature in gcc.  It works in -current and has for years, so nobody has cared enough to even contemplate changing it.

If you can make the sysroot feature work, that would be great, since that would allow us to skip the compiler building phase if we were building using external compilers.  I have some patches to make that work, but this very problem is what I'd worked my way up to.  It works well if you are building current on current, but not so well if you are mixing versions (you can mix architectures if you are using the xdev feature I put in a while ago, but even that has one or two niggles I need to iron out).

Warner