Switching to [KMGTPE]i prefixes?

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Mar 25 18:47:09 UTC 2011

One difference between this patch, and the patch I came up with, was that I used arrays of character pointers to the names of the symbols to use.  This got around the problem that you have with the 'shift' you had to introduce to get things more or less correct.  It also made for the possibility of having different kinds of units in the future that weren't a power of 2 -1 bytes long.  It also simplified the code a little.

Perhaps you would consider this improvement when devising future patches.

Warner