[GSoC] About the idea: Unicode support in vi

Arnaud Lacombe lacombar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:26:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Zhihao Yuan <lichray at gmail.com> wrote:
> Among *all* the GNU/Linux distributions I used, they include a vim
> compiled in tiny mode (ln -s it to vi), which doubles the size of nvi,
> in their base systems. A vim.tiny contains much more features compared
> with nvi, but it's not compatible with POSIX vi.

Let's compare the comparable, I don't really care if PCbsd ship vim as
its default, but FreeBSD as the base is not only aimed at desktop
specifically. So you should take into account that I may want to run
FreeBSD on an adm5120 board with 32MB of RAM, without having a text
editor consuming too much disk-space/ram.

 - Arnaud