GSoC'11: DWARF2 call frame information

Chagin Dmitry dchagin at freebsd.org
Sat Mar 19 18:00:45 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:36:39AM +0800, Xingxing Pan wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I'm a student interested in the project "DWARF2 call frame
> information" for Summer of Code 2011.
> I'd like to know which compiler I will work on to add DWARF2 support.
> This project is not tagged by "suggested". Will it be ok to choose it
> as the target?

hi Xingxing,

You should carefully reread the proposed idea. Especially in the
"A debug kernel is not able to show stack traces with cross
exceptions anymore. This is because we do not emit any dwarf2
call frame information for any assembler code, since gdb switched
to the dwarf2 format" part.

And, of course, this work is very important for the community. So, IMO,
it will be ok as the target :)
Thank you.

--
Have fun!