rc.d/jail issues

Dirk Engling erdgeist at erdgeist.org
Thu Jan 27 16:08:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, Paul Schenkeveld wrote:

> like to start A before B but shutdown B before A.  Would it make sense
> to reverse the order in which jails are stopped during shutdown by
> reversing the nales in $jail_list?

Yikes, it does indeed make sense, that's why I already do it in the ezjail
utility, besides having jail dependencies worked out by rcorder...

Now, if /etc/rc.d/jail starts to reverse the list ezjail reverses before,
I'm in trouble. Maybe it's time to think about moving some more jail
abstraction - including jail dependencies - to the base system.

   erdgeist