Why not give git a try? (was "Re: [head tinderbox] failure on amd64/amd64")

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Mon Jan 24 19:48:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 08:02:37PM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
> On 24 January 2011 19:31, Diane Bruce <db at db.net> wrote:
>
> > As long as it is not GPL.
>
> Unless there's a missing smiley in that sentence there, it is a tough

IRL I'm known to be very dry humoured, I am deadly in e-mail or IRC.

> requirement. Of the major SCMs, only Subversion is non-GPL-ed (even

QED

> CVS is...).

CVS is/was dual licenced. There is also the work openbsd started with CVS
sometime ago.

Given the work that is being done on clang/llvm to get a non GPL compiler
into the tree, perhaps efforts would be better spent on finding SCMs
that were also non GPL. There certainly would not be a chance of putting
mercurial or git into base for example.

Perhaps a point to consider.

- Diane
--