broken INCLUDE in sys/conf/kern.pre.mk for opensolaris code?

Alexander Best arundel at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 6 13:45:32 UTC 2011

On Thu Jan  6 11, Sergey Kandaurov wrote:
> On 6 January 2011 04:40, Alexander Best <arundel at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > while building target buildkernel with 'clang -v' i noticed a lot of these
> > lines:
> >
> > ignoring nonexistent directory "/usr/subversion-src/sys/contrib/opensolaris/compat"
> >
> > i checked sys/conf/kern.pre.mk and there's a line refering to a non-existing
> > directory:
> >
> > # ...  and OpenSolaris
> > INCLUDES+= -I$S/contrib/opensolaris/compat
>
> I guess that's leftover from early dtrace stages in perforce.
> See //depot/projects/dtrace/src/sys/contrib/opensolaris/compat/sys

ah i see. whom do i have to ping to get this fixed? i'm not sure if the include
is even necessary, because obviosly a kernel will build without it. the only
issue i had with cddl code is that when you compile and install world with
WITHOUT_CDDL=true, you cannot rebuild world with cddl support. but i don't
think that's something the include (even if it points to the correct directory)
can fix.

cheers.
alex

--