PANIC: thread_exit: Last thread exiting on its own.

Giovanni Trematerra giovanni.trematerra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:01:58 UTC 2011

On 03/gen/2011, at 18:23, Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

Hello, John.
You wrote 3 января 2011 г., 19:26:00:

I've  got  this  panic on reboot from geom_raid5.

Could you please provide some backtrace? Have you got a core?

 Backtrace  was were simple (I've reproduce it from my memory, but it

 really was that simple):

 <all debugger-related stuff>

 panic()

 thread_exit()

 kthread_exit()

 g_raid5_worker()

 fork_trampoline()

 No core, because I didn't have dumpdev configured :(

Which revision of -STABLE are you running(or when last src update)?

 uname shows:

FreeBSD 8.2-PRERELEASE #2: Tue Dec 21 01:17:16 MSK 2010

 I've  rebuilt  kernel  RIGHT after `csup', so difference is no more

than several hours.

Looks like 204087 needs to be MFC'd.

I've looked at this patch, and it seems to be relevant.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>

Please, let's us to know if that patch resolve your issue

Thank you

--
Gianni